Thursday, January 7, 2010

More than 3 wishes

I want to call this a poem but it is more of an expression of what I am feeling and thinking about everything that affects me and the ones closest to me. But it's primarily autobiographic....
-------------------------------------------------

There is nothing a genie in a bottle can do for me
Because I have way more wishes than three

I wish that you see my beauty without mentioning the few extra pounds
Because when you make the statement you are a pretty girl, but...everything after the but is all I hear
Leaving me empathizing with Smokey's Tears of a Clown
I don't need you to insult me with compliments

I wish I had guard dogs to watch my heart
Maybe you would have approached me more cautiously for fear of the bite when you heard them bark

I wish I could read the inside of your mind like a textbook so that I can study for understanding in hopes to one day become an expert in your subject.
I wish for a freaky Friday so we can occupy each others space so for once you can empathize with the issues I face.
Creating the ultimate bond so that you finally feel me and
Understand why the uncertainty of us is slowly killing me.

I wish love, patience and agony didn't go hand and hand but some way i know 2 of the 3 always prevail I just hope it's not the latter.

I wish life was a recordable VHS with a VCR and a remote to capture all the great memories erasing all the bad to rewind to relive the fun times and fast forward thru the difficult ones or better yet what if the only functioning button was play leaving us free to completely enjoy the fantasies life has to offer, suspended in reverie.

I wish I could shield our youth to preserve their innocence
Reality tv has crowded and exploited their minds with manufactured fantasies leaving behind distorted visions of life's reality.

I wish that a pharmaceutical company would create a little green pill that suppresses that green-eyed monster known as jealousy. This drug may not save lives but it would have saved a few of my friendships.

Maybe I should change the word wish to pray. Prayers are much more powerful anyways.
God's power is proven and unbounded while the genie is enclosed in a vessel only to present himself when stroked.

So I pray He takes all my wishes away...

1 comment:

  1. Nice poem! Yes, prayer is the only way to see these wishes come true, because when others don't wish the same thing you do, then there's just frustration. I hate when people lace compliments with insults. We all deserve better. It sometimes takes a slap in the face to step on a toe. So go toe-stepping and slide him right out of your way as you move on to bigger and better paths! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete